Jump to Main Content
- Wali, Mariem, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.108 pp. 295-303
- Sesuvium portulacastrum; bioaccumulation; cell walls; chlorophyll; fractionation; halophytes; heavy metals; hydroponics; metal tolerance; nickel; photosystem II; polluted soils; remediation; seedlings; shoots; toxicity
- ... It has been shown that halophytes are able to successfully cope with heavy metal toxicity, suggesting their possible use for remediation of metal contaminated soils. In this work, Ni tolerance and accumulation in two halophytes, Sesuvium portulacastrum (L.) L. and Cakile maritima Scop. was investigated. Seedlings of both species were subjected hydroponically during 21 days to 0, 25, 50, and 100 μM ...
- Wali, Mariem, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.115 pp. 390-399
- H-transporting ATP synthase; Sesuvium portulacastrum; betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase; bladder; cadmium; cadmium chloride; cytoplasm; fluorescence; gene expression regulation; genes; halophytes; hydroponics; leaves; microscopy; osmotic stress; phytoremediation; plasma membrane; protoplasts; saline soils; salinity; salt tolerance; secretion; sodium; sodium chloride; toxicity
- ... It is well known that salinity reduces cadmium toxicity in halophytes. However, the possible interference of Cd with the mechanisms of salt tolerance is poorly explored. The aim of this study was to see whether Cd affects salt tolerance mechanisms in the halophyte Sesuvium portulacastrum. S. portulacastrum plants obtained from cuttings were grown in hydroponics for 3 weeks and then exposed to low ...