Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiya; Zhang, Dong; Wang, Shixiang; Xing, Libo; Li, Youmei; Fan, Sheng; Zhang, Lizhi; Ma, Juanjuan; Zhao, Caiping; Shah, Kamran; An, Na; Han, Mingyu
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.132 pp. 579-589
- alternate bearing, etc ; Malus domestica; abscisic acid; apples; buds; enzymes; flowering; fruit trees; fruits; gene expression; genes; gibberellins; hormones; messenger RNA; metabolism; sucrose; sugar content; transcriptomics; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Most perennial fruit trees have an alternate bearing problem where a heavy fruit load is produced one year (ON year) but few flowers and fruits produced the next year (OFF year), resulting in a significant fluctuation in production. In the present study, comparative transcriptome analysis of terminal buds of apple (Malus domestica Borkh., cv. Nagafu No. 2) trees was conducted during the floral ind ...
- Muñoz-Fambuena, Natalia; Mesejo, Carlos; Reig, Carmina; Agustí, Manuel; Tárraga, Susana; Lisón, Purificación; Iglesias, Domingo J.; Primo-Millo, Eduardo; González-Mas, M. Carmen
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2013 v.73 pp. 41-55
- alternate bearing, etc ; Citrus; amino acid metabolism; buds; clementines; cytochrome-c oxidase; flowering; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; gels; mandarins; oxidative stress; protein kinases; protein synthesis; proteins; proteomics; reactive oxygen species; trees; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A proteomic analysis of buds from mandarin trees with contrasting fruit load (on- and off-crop trees) was carried out during the onset of low-temperature induction. The aim of the study was to find out more about the molecular mechanism relating to alternate bearing in Citrus and its relationship with flowering. The ‘Moncada’ variety (Clementine ‘Oroval’ x ‘Kara’ mandarin), displaying remarkable b ...