Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: allen?
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.115 pp. 308-319
- 1-methylcyclopropene; Durio zibethinus; alpha-carotene; bacteria; beta-carotene; color; cultivars; durians; ethephon; ethylene; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; lutein; lycopene; lycopene beta-cyclase; pigmentation; pulp; zeaxanthin
- ... Carotenoid content in durian (Durio zibethinus) fruit is an important aspect of fruit quality, with different cultivars distinguished by differing pigmentation. We have studied the dependence of carotenogenesis on ethylene. Fruit of the cultivar ‘Chanee’ harvested at the mature stage were either left untreated (controls), treated with 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) for 12 h, or treated with applicat ...
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.125 pp. 232-238
- 1-methylcyclopropene; apples; color; durians; ethephon; ethylene; ethylene production; firmness; gene expression regulation; genes; kiwifruit; leaves; pulp; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ripening; shelf life; signal transduction; tobacco; total soluble solids; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Rapid fruit ripening is a significant problem that limits the shelf life of durian, with ethylene having a major impact on the regulation of this event. Durian treated with ethephon ripened 3 d after treatment with increased pulp total soluble solids, ethylene production of the whole fruit and decreased pulp firmness compared to the control fruit. 1-MCP treatment delayed ripening by up to 9 d with ...