Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.119 pp. 21-32
- Gossypium hirsutum; antioxidants; cotton; cultivars; drought; enzyme activity; leaf water potential; leaves; lipid peroxidation; photosystem II; potassium; proline; stomatal conductance; water stress
- ... To investigate whether potassium (K) application enhances the potential of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) plants to maintain physiological functions during drought and recovery, low K-sensitive (Siza 3) and -tolerant (Simian 3) cotton cultivars were exposed to three K rates (0, 150, and 300 K2O kg ha−1) and either well-watered conditions or severe drought stress followed by a recovery period. Unde ...
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.101 pp. 113-123
- Gossypium hirsutum; alanine transaminase; biomass; cotton; cultivars; developmental stages; enzyme activity; fertilizer analysis; fertilizer application; free amino acids; glutamate-ammonia ligase; glutamic acid; leaves; nitrate reductase; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen metabolism; potassium; potassium fertilizers; protein content; protein degradation; proteinases
- ... The nitrogen (N) metabolism of the leaf subtending the cotton boll (LSCB) was studied with two cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivars (Simian 3, low-K tolerant; Siza 3, low-K sensitive) under three levels of potassium (K) fertilization (K0: 0 g K2O plant−1, K1: 4.5 K2O plant−1 and K2: 9.0 g K2O plant−1). The results showed that total dry matter increased by 13.1–27.4% and 11.2–18.5% under K supp ...