Jump to Main Content
- García-Plazaola, José Ignacio; Fernández-Marín, Beatriz; Duke, Stephen O.; Hernández, Antonio; López-Arbeloa, Fernando; Becerril, José María
- Plant science 2015 v.236 pp. 136
- absorption; anthocyanins; betalains; chlorophyll; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; fluorescent proteins; metabolites; phenolic compounds; photostability; photosynthesis; wavelengths
- ... Chlorophylls are the most remarkable examples of fluorophores, and their fluorescence has been intensively studied as a non-invasive tool for assessment of photosynthesis. Many other fluorophores occur in plants, such as alkaloids, phenolic compounds and porphyrins. Fluorescence could be more than just a physicochemical curiosity in the plant kingdom, as several functional roles in biocommunicatio ...
- Zhang, Liyuan; Gu, Lingkun; Ringler, Patricia; Smith, Stanley; Rushton, Paul J.; Shen, Qingxi J.
- Plant science 2015 v.236 pp. 214-222
- abscisic acid; aleurone cells; genes; gibberellins; phenotype; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcription factors; yeasts
- ... Members of the WRKY transcription factor superfamily are essential for the regulation of many plant pathways. Functional redundancy due to duplications of WRKY transcription factors, however, complicates genetic analysis by allowing single-mutant plants to maintain wild-type phenotypes. Our analyses indicate that three group I WRKY genes, OsWRKY24, -53, and -70, act in a partially redundant manner ...
- Chorus Open Access: