Jump to Main Content
- Soubani, Eman; Hedrén, Mikael; Widén, Björn
- Plant systematics and evolution 2015 v.301 no.5 pp. 1499-1508
- Scandinavia, etc ; Helianthemum nummularium; alleles; geographical distribution; haplotypes; immigration; latitude; leaves; longitude; plastid DNA; Sweden; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Helianthemum nummularium (L.) Mill. has two subspecies in southern Scandinavia, which differ in an indumentum character that is inherited as a Mendelian gene with two alleles. The dominant allele is the genetic basis for the key character of subsp. obscurum (absence of a dense felt of stellate hairs on the abaxial surface of the leaf), whereas the recessive allele is the genetic basis for the key ...
- Widén, Björn
- Plant systematics and evolution 2015 v.301 no.7 pp. 1851-1862
- Scandinavia, etc ; Helianthemum nummularium; Mendelian inheritance; alleles; crossing; dominant genes; heterozygosity; homozygosity; leaves; major genes; phenotype; population; progeny; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Two subspecies of Helianthemum nummularium (L.) Mill. occur in southern Scandinavia. The key character distinguishing the two subspecies is a dense cover of stellate hairs on the abaxial surface of the leaves in subsp. nummularium that are not found in subsp. obscurum. Stellate hairs on the abaxial surface of the leaves are not a discrete character, but occur in a more or less continuous range fro ...