Jump to Main Content
- Wright, Michael A. R.; Welsh, Mark; Costea, Mihai
- Plant systematics and evolution 2011 v.296 no.1-2 pp. 51-76
- stigma, etc ; Cuscuta; evolution; internal transcribed spacers; nectaries; phloem; plant ovary; pollen; pollination; scanning electron microscopy; stomata; xylem; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The gynoecium of 122 species and 14 varieties of Cuscuta (dodders) was investigated by light and scanning electron microscopy to assess its diversity and evolution and to provide a morphological foundation for understanding the different reproductive strategies encountered in the genus. Data were optimized into a consensus tree constructed from three large-scale molecular phylogenies of the genus ...
- Glinos, Evangelina; Cocucci, A. A.
- Plant systematics and evolution 2011 v.291 no.1-2 pp. 49-58
- stigma, etc ; Canna indica; Lowiaceae; Marantaceae; flight; flowers; fruit set; hummingbirds; nectar; pollen; pollen tubes; pollination; seed set; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The anatomy of the bizarre style of Canna indica is analyzed functionally and comparatively within Zingiberales, particularly in relation to the presence of two stigma-like areas, one apical and the other lateral and subapical. We asked whether these areas have separate receptive or adhesive functions and whether they are derived from a single stigma that previously had both functions. We expected ...