Jump to Main Content
- Han, Jung Yeon; Ahn, Chang-Ho; Adhikari, Prakash Babu; Kondeti, Subramanyam; Choi, Yong Eui
- Planta 2019 v.249 no.1 pp. 95-111
- Betula pendula subsp. mandshurica; Maytenus ilicifolia; Populus; amino acids; biosynthesis; cork; databases; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; genetically modified organisms; heterologous gene expression; leaves; methyl jasmonate; molecular weight; open reading frames; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; saponins; sterols; tissues; transcriptome; transferases; trees; triterpenoids; yeasts; East Asia
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: An oxidosqualene cyclase (PdFRS) from Populus davidiana was characterized as a monofunctional friedelin synthase by its heterologous expression in yeast and overexpression in plants. Triterpenes are one of the largest classes of plant chemical compounds composed of three terpene units, which form the basic skeleton of all sterols and saponins. Friedelin (friedelan-3-one), a pentac ...
- Dueholm, Bjørn; Drew, Damian P.; Sweetman, Crystal; Simonsen, Henrik T.
- Planta 2019 v.249 no.1 pp. 59-70
- Escherichia coli; Nicotiana benthamiana; Vitis vinifera; active sites; amino acids; biosynthesis; carbon-oxygen lyases; chemical composition; complementary DNA; cubebene; flavor; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; genes; germacrene; grapes; hydrogen; odors; small fruits; volatile compounds; wines
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: Five Vitis vinifera sesquiterpene synthases were characterized, two was previously uncharacterized, one being a caryophyllene/cubebene synthase and the other a cadinene synthase. Residue differences with other Vitis sesquiterpene synthases are described. The biochemical composition of grape berries at harvest can have a profound effect on the varietal character of the wine produce ...