Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Jian; Jiang, Qian-Tao; Wei, Long; Yang, Qiang; Zhang, Xiao-Wei; Peng, Yuan-Ying; Chen, Guo-Yue; Wei, Yu-Ming; Liu, Chunji; Zheng, You-Liang
- Planta 2014 v.240 no.6 pp. 1179-1190
- Arabidopsis; Oryza brachyantha; anthers; barley; carbohydrate binding; chloroplasts; chromosomes; cold treatment; diurnal variation; exons; genes; genetic engineering; heat treatment; introns; leaves; microarray technology; plant development; protein structure; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; starch
- ... As one of the phosphoglucan phosphatases, starch excess 4 (SEX4) encoded by SEX4 gene has recently been intensively studied because of its vital role in the degradation of leaf starch. In this study, we isolated and chromosomally mapped barley SEX4, characterized its gene and protein structure, predicted the cis-elements of its promoter, and analysed its expression based on real-time quantitative ...
- Li, Ming; Lopato, Sergiy; Hrmova, Maria; Pickering, Melissa; Shirley, Neil; Koltunow, Anna M.; Langridge, Peter
- Planta 2014 v.240 no.6 pp. 1319-1334
- Arabidopsis; barley; endosperm; gametophytes; genes; genetic markers; genetically modified organisms; grasses; models; nutrients; ovules; pollen; promoter regions; protein structure; proteins; seed development; wheat
- ... Arabidopsis END1-LIKE (AtEND1) was identified as a homolog of the barley endosperm-specific gene END1 and provides a model for the study of this class of genes and their products. The END1 is expressed in the endosperm transfer cells (ETC) of grasses. The ETC are responsible for transfer of nutrients from maternal tissues to the developing endosperm. Identification of several ETC-specific genes en ...