Jump to Main Content
- Otto, Benjamin; Schlosser, Dietmar
- Planta 2014 v.240 no.6 pp. 1225-1236
- Chlorophycota; anion exchange; anthraquinones; biotransformation; decolorization; dyes; electrophoresis; enzyme activity; fungi; gels; iron; laccase; molecular weight; monophenol monooxygenase; oxidation; pH; polypeptides; protein subunits; size exclusion chromatography; substrate specificity; tyrosine
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION : A green algal phenol oxidase was firstly purified, confirmed to be a laccase, and a hetero-oligomeric quaternary structure is suggested. The operation of a laccase-mediator system is firstly described in algae. Laccases (EC 22.214.171.124) catalyze the oxidation of a multitude of aromatic substrates. They are well known in higher plants and fungi, while their presence in green algae ap ...
- Inal, Behçet; Türktaş, Mine; Eren, Hakan; Ilhan, Emre; Okay, Sezer; Atak, Mehmet; Erayman, Mustafa; Unver, Turgay
- Planta 2014 v.240 no.6 pp. 1287-1298
- Bipolaris sorokiniana; Fusarium culmorum; abiotic stress; bioinformatics; cultivars; fungi; genes; microRNA; peroxidase; stress response; wheat
- ... MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding class of RNAs. They were identified in many plants with their diverse regulatory roles in several cellular and metabolic processes. A number of miRNAs were involved in biotic and abiotic stress responses. Here, fungal stress responsive wheat miRNAs were analyzed by using miRNA-microarray strategy. Two different fungi (Fusarium culmorum and Bipolaris sorokini ...