Jump to Main Content
- Wójcikowska, Barbara; Jaskóła, Karolina; Gąsiorek, Przemysław; Meus, Magdalena; Nowak, Katarzyna; Gaj, Małgorzata D.
- Planta 2013 v.238 no.3 pp. 425-440
- Arabidopsis; Yucca; auxins; biosynthesis; gene overexpression; genes; in vitro culture; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... The LEAFY COTYLEDON2 (LEC2) transcription factor with a plant-specific B3 domain plays a central role in zygotic and somatic embryogenesis (SE). LEC2 overexpression induced in planta leads to spontaneous somatic embryo formation, but impairs the embryogenic response of explants cultured in vitro under auxin treatment. The auxin-related functions of LEC2 appear during SE induction, and the aim of t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sharmin, Shamima Akhtar; Alam, Iftekhar; Rahman, Md. Atikur; Kim, Kyung-Hee; Kim, Yong-Goo; Lee, Byung-Hyun
- Planta 2013 v.238 no.3 pp. 459-474
- Miscanthus sinensis; biosynthesis; cell growth; chalcone; climate; databases; energy crops; gels; genes; heat stress; heat treatment; lasers; leaves; mass spectrometry; orthophosphates; pentose phosphate cycle; photosynthesis; protein kinases; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; pyruvic acid; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; signal transduction; starch; sugars; transcription (genetics); transportation; trypsin
- ... Miscanthus sinensis is a promising bioenergy crop; however, its genome is poorly represented in sequence databases. As an initial step in the comprehensive analysis of the M. sinensis proteome, we report a reference 2-DE protein map of the leaf. A total of 316 protein spots were excised from the gels, digested with trypsin and subjected to matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight ...