Jump to Main Content
- Seo, Pil Joon; Park, Jung-Min; Kang, Seok Ki; Kim, Sang-Gyu; Park, Chung-Mo
- Planta 2011 v.233 no.1 pp. 189-200
- Arabidopsis; cell viability; gene overexpression; linkage (genetics); mutants; osmotic stress; plant tissues; plasma membrane; roots; salinity; salt stress; stress response; transgenic plants
- ... The plasma membrane is an important cellular organ that perceives incoming developmental and environmental signals and integrates these signals into cellular regulatory mechanisms. It also acts as a barrier against unfavorable extracellular factors to maintain cell viability. Despite its importance for cell viability, molecular components determining cell viability and underlying mechanisms are la ...
- Kapulnik, Yoram; Delaux, Pierre-Marc; Resnick, Natalie; Mayzlish-Gati, Einav; Wininger, Smadar; Bhattacharya, Chaitali; Séjalon-Delmas, Nathalie; Combier, Jean-Philippe; Bécard, Guillaume; Belausov, Eduard; Beeckman, Tom; Dor, Evgenia; Hershenhorn, Joseph; Koltai, Hinanit
- Planta 2011 v.233 no.1 pp. 209-216
- Arabidopsis; branching; mutants; plant hormones; roots; shoots
- ... Strigolactones (SLs) have been proposed as a new group of plant hormones, inhibiting shoot branching, and as signaling molecules for plant interactions. Here, we present evidence for effects of SLs on root development. The analysis of mutants flawed in SLs synthesis or signaling suggested that the absence of SLs enhances lateral root formation. In accordance, roots grown in the presence of GR24, a ...