Jump to Main Content
- Troncoso-Ponce, M. A.; Rivoal, J.; Cejudo, F. J.; Dorion, S.; Garcés, R.; Martínez-Force, E.
- Planta 2010 v.232 no.4 pp. 845-859
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; Escherichia coli; NADP (coenzyme); affinity chromatography; antiserum; biosynthesis; complementary DNA; fructose 6-phosphate; gene expression; gluconates; glucose 6-phosphate; glucose-6-phosphate isomerase; glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate; glycolysis; lipids; messenger RNA; oxidation; pentose phosphate cycle; recombinant proteins; seed development; seeds; tissues; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Lipid biosynthesis in developing sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) seeds requires reducing power. One of the main sources of cellular NADPH is the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway (OPPP), generated from the oxidation of glucose-6-phosphate. This glycolytic intermediate, which can be imported to the plastid and enter in the OPPP, is the substrate and product of cytosolic phosphoglucose isomerase ...
- González-Mellado, Damián; von Wettstein-Knowles, Penny; Garcés, Rafael; Martínez-Force, Enrique
- Planta 2010 v.231 no.6 pp. 1277-1289
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; Cuphea; Escherichia coli; Jatropha curcas; Perilla frutescens; Ricinus communis; amino acid sequences; ancestry; biosynthesis; complementary DNA; cotyledons; enzymes; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; gene expression; genes; leaves; phylogeny; recombinant proteins; roots; seed oils; seedlings; seeds; stems; substrate specificity; transport proteins; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The β-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase III (KAS III; EC 184.108.40.206) is a condensing enzyme catalyzing the initial step of fatty acid biosynthesis using acetyl-CoA as primer. To determine the mechanisms involved in the biosynthesis of fatty acids in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) developing seeds, a cDNA coding for HaKAS III (EF514400) was isolated, cloned and sequenced. Its protein sequence ...