Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Guojun; Gao, Chenxi; Zheng, Xingnan; Han, Bin
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 605-615
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis thaliana; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; drought; drought tolerance; gene expression; hybrids; phylogeny; plant stress; reporter genes; rice; transcription factors; transcriptional activation; transgenic plants; yeasts
- ... Abscisic Acid (ABA) is an important phytohormone involved in abiotic stress resistance in plants. A group of bZIP transcription factors play important roles in the ABA signaling pathway in Arabidopsis. However, little is known about the function of their orthologs in rice, where they may hold a great potential for developing drought resistant food crops. In this study, our phylogenetic analysis sh ...
- Inderjit; von Dahl, Caroline C.; Baldwin, Ian T.
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 569-575
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; allelopathy; bioassays; correlation; ethylene; ethylene production; headspace analysis; plant anatomy; root growth; seedlings; transgenic plants
- ... Volatile phytohormones or other chemicals can affect processes in distal plant parts but may also influence neighboring plants, and thereby function allelopathically. While this hypothesis has been widely discussed, rigorous tests are lacking. Transgenic plants, silenced in the production of an emitted chemical, are ideal tools to test the hypothesis that the release of a chemical can negatively i ...