Jump to Main Content
- Sather, D. Noah; Golenberg, Edward M.
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 507-521
- Arabidopsis; Spinacia oleracea; amino acids; calyx; evolution; females; flowering; gene expression regulation; genes; in situ hybridization; leaves; males; spinach; stigma
- ... The AP1/FUL clade of MADS box genes have undergone multiple duplication events among angiosperm species. While initially identified as having floral meristem identity and floral organ identity function in Arabidopsis, the role of AP1 homologs does not appear to be universally conserved even among eudicots. In comparison, the role of FRUITFULL has not been extensively explored in non-model species. ...
- Igarashi, Daisuke; Izumi, Yoshihiro; Dokiya, Yuko; Totsuka, Kazuhiko; Fukusaki, Eiichiro; Ohsumi, Chieko
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 633-644
- Arabidopsis; amino acid composition; asexual reproduction; biosynthesis; crops; cytokinins; gene expression; gene expression regulation; gene targeting; genes; glutamate dehydrogenase; leaves; nitrogen metabolism; plant organs; receptors
- ... The metabolism of vegetative organs in plants changes during the development of the reproductive organs. The regulation of this metabolism is important in the control of crop productivity. However, the complexity of the regulatory systems makes it difficult to elucidate their mechanisms. To examine these mechanisms, we constructed model experiments using Arabidopsis to analyze metabolic and gene e ...