Jump to Main Content
- Willige, Björn C.; Kutzer, Michael; Tebartz, Felix; Bartels, Dorothea
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 659-666
- Calvin cycle; biosynthesis; carbon; cytoplasm; enzyme activity; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; leaves; pentose phosphate cycle; rehydration; sugars; transketolase
- ... The desiccation tolerant resurrection plant Craterostigma plantagineum encodes three classes of transketolase transcripts, which are distinguished by their gene structures and their expression patterns. One class, represented by tkt3, is constitutively expressed and two classes, represented by tkt7 and tkt10, are upregulated upon rehydration of desiccated C. plantagineum plants. The objective of t ...
- Inderjit; von Dahl, Caroline C.; Baldwin, Ian T.
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 569-575
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; allelopathy; bioassays; correlation; ethylene; ethylene production; headspace analysis; plant anatomy; root growth; seedlings; transgenic plants
- ... Volatile phytohormones or other chemicals can affect processes in distal plant parts but may also influence neighboring plants, and thereby function allelopathically. While this hypothesis has been widely discussed, rigorous tests are lacking. Transgenic plants, silenced in the production of an emitted chemical, are ideal tools to test the hypothesis that the release of a chemical can negatively i ...