Jump to Main Content
- Chourey, P.S.; Jain, M.; Li, Q.B.; Carlson, S.J.
- Planta 2006 v.223 no.2 pp. 159
- beta-fructofuranosidase, etc ; Zea mays; corn; cell walls; endosperm; enzyme activity; messenger RNA; gene expression regulation; quantitative analysis; tissue distribution; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... We show here that the total invertase activity in developing seeds of maize is due to two cell wall invertase (CWI) genes, Incw1 and Incw2 (Mn1). Our previous results have shown that loss-of-function mutations at the Mn1 locus lead to the miniature-1 (mn1) seed phenotype, marked by a loss of >70% of seed weight at maturity. The mn1 seed mutant is, however, non-lethal presumably because it retains ...
- Griesser, Michaela; Martinez, SaraCrespo; Eitle, MarkusW.; Warth, Benedikt; Andre, ChristelleM.; Schuhmacher, Rainer; Forneck, Astrid
- Planta 2018 v.247 no.2 pp. 471-481
- beta-fructofuranosidase, etc ; acidity; anion exchange chromatography; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; caftaric acid; cyanidin; delphinidin; enzyme activity; genes; glucose transporters; grapes; polyphenols; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ripening; small fruits; sugar content; sugars; tandem mass spectrometry; vacuoles; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: Timescale analyses suggest the berry shrivel (BS) disorder is induced before veraison with strong effects on anthocyanin biosynthesis, and minor effects on sugar transport and metabolism. Berry shrivel (BS)-affected grapes have low sugar contents, high acidity, less anthocyanins and flaccid berries. To date no pathogenic causes are known, and studies to elucidate the molecular bas ...
- PubMed Central: