Jump to Main Content
- Marini, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Planta 1992 v.187 no.4 pp. 438-444
- Anabaena cylindrica; enzyme activity; plant products; superoxide dismutase; separation; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; purification; rabbits; antibodies; immunization; biomedical research
- ... Iron superoxide dismutase (Fe-SOD; EC 126.96.36.199) was isolated from the nitrogen-fixing cyanobacterium Anabaena cylindrica Lemm. Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis separated the purified protein into three closely running, enzymatically active bands. The molecular weight of the enzyme was estimated by gel filtration to be about 40 kDa. Polyclonal antibodies were produced by immunization of rabbits w ...
- Marini, S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Planta 1992 v.188 no.2 pp. 164-172
- Allium porrum; seedlings; roots; chemical composition; polygalacturonase; enzyme activity; isozymes; root primordia; morphogenesis; spatial distribution; plant anatomy
- ... The presence of polygalacturonase and its correlation with the formation of lateral roots in leek (Allium porrum L.) seedlings have been investigated. During root growth, a steady increase in polygalacturonase activity was associated with that of the lateral root primordia. Fractionation of root extract by fast protein liquid chromatography resolved at least two polygalacturonase isoforms. One of ...