Jump to Main Content
- Thibessard, Annabelle; Bertrand, Claire; Hiblot, Julien; Piotrowski, Emilie; Leblond, Pierre
- Plasmid 2015 v.82 pp. 43-49
- Escherichia coli; Streptomyces; genes; genetic vectors; molecular cloning; plasmids; toxicity; viability
- ... We describe here the construction of a new version of the Escherichia coli–Streptomyces shuttle cloning vector pIJ6902, which carries the original thiostrepton-inducible PtipA as well as the integrative and cloning systems, but with the E. coli low copy number replication control of the F (fertility) factor. The rationale of this construct was to provide a shuttle cloning vector to enable the clon ...
- Starčič Erjavec, Marjanca; Petkovšek, Živa; Kuznetsova, Marina V.; Maslennikova, Irina L.; Žgur-Bertok, Darja
- Plasmid 2015 v.82 pp. 28-34
- Escherichia coli; antibiotics; bacteria; colicins; genes; immunity; multiple drug resistance; plasmids; probiotics; risk; therapeutics
- ... As multidrug resistant bacteria pose one of the greatest risks to human health new alternative antibacterial agents are urgently needed. One possible mechanism that can be used as an alternative to traditional antibiotic therapy is transfer of killing agents via conjugation. Our work was aimed at providing a proof of principle that conjugation-based antimicrobial systems are possible. We construct ...