Jump to Main Content
- Stasiak, K.; Janicki, B.
- Polish journal of veterinary sciences 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 177-179
- acrosin, etc ; Vulpes lagopus; breeding season; foxes; semen; sperm concentration; spermatozoa; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the effect of age and reproductive season on selected properties of semen from the arctic fox, Alopex lagopus L. The experiment used 40 ejaculates collected manually from 6 animals (3 foxes aged one year and 3 foxes older than three years). Statistically less semen (0.39 cm3) was collected from the young compared to the older animals, and the ejaculates ...
- Stasiak, K.; Janicki, B.; Glogowski, J.
- Polish journal of veterinary sciences 2013 v.15 no.4 pp. 799-800
- acrosin, etc ; Vulpes lagopus; humans; octoxynol; seminal plasma; spermatozoa; washing; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... The aim of the study was to adapt a method to determine acrosin activity of human spermatozoa to arctic fox (Alopex lagopus L.) spermatozoa. We modified this method by reducing sperm count per sample from 1÷10 × 106 to 25÷200 × 103, incubation time from 180 minutes to 60 minutes, and Triton X-100 concentration in the reaction mixture from 0.01% to 0.005% per 100 cm3. It has also confirmed that arc ...
- Stasiak, K.; Glogowski, J.; Demianowicz, W.; Kowalski2, R.; Nowak-Tkaczyk, A.; Janicki, B.
- Polish journal of veterinary sciences 2015 v.17 no.3 pp. 427-432
- acrosin inhibitors, etc ; Vulpes lagopus; acid phosphatase; alkaline phosphatase; aspartate transaminase; biomarkers; cryopreservation; enzyme activity; lactate dehydrogenase; proteins; semen quality; seminal plasma; sperm concentration; sperm motility; spermatozoa; thawing; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to use biochemical markers to evaluate the quality of fresh and cryopreserved semen from the arctic fox (Vulpes lagopus). Twenty-three manually collected ejaculates were analysed for the main indicators of semen quality (sperm concentration and ejaculate volume). Sperm motility and percentage of morphologically normal and abnormal spermatozoa were determined according to ...