Jump to Main Content
- Michalcewicz, Jakub; Ciach, Michał
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne 2013 v.81 no.4 pp. 311-320
- Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; Rosalia alpina; Ulmus glabra; adults; biometry; body size; breeding; elytra; females; forest management; forests; habitats; host plants; males; national parks; Poland
- ... .The body size of xylophagous beetles is determined by the host plant species, as well as by the amount and quality of breeding material. Consequently, the biometric traits of adults can be used as an indicator of the attractiveness of the breeding material and the quality of a habitat. The paper presents selected biometric traits of rosalia longicorn Rosalia alpina (L.) imagines in three populati ...
- Alwin, Alicja; Szadziewski, Ryszard
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne 2013 v.81 no.4 pp. 365-382
- Ceratopogonidae; females; males; Poland
- ... Three species of the genus Stilobezzia KIEFFER, 1911 are reported from Poland: Stilobezzia antennalis (COQUILLETT, 1901), Stilobezzia gracilis (HALIDAY, 1833) and Stilobezziaochracea (WINNERTZ, 1852). They are diagnosed and illustrated. A key for the determination of males and females of Central European species is also provided. Stilobezzia virescens KIEFFER, 1919 is recognized as a new junior sy ...