Jump to Main Content
- Pedreschi, Romina; Lurie, Susan
- Postharvest biology and technology 2015 v.107 pp. 77-89
- abiotic stress; carbon dioxide; cold; controlled atmosphere storage; epigenetics; food quality; heat; metabolomics; oxygen; phenotype; postharvest losses; postharvest technology; proteomics; shelf life; transcriptomics
- ... Postharvest abiotic stresses impact not only quality, eating and nutritional attributes of perishables but shelf life and susceptibility to physiological and pathological disorders and thus postharvest losses. Classical postharvest technologies involve applying stress conditions (cold, controlled atmosphere conditions, addition of chemicals) to extend storage and shelf-life. However, recent resear ...
- Doerflinger, Franziska C.; Rickard, Bradley J.; Nock, Jacqueline F.; Watkins, Christopher B.
- Postharvest biology and technology 2015 v.107 pp. 1-8
- 1-methylcyclopropene; Malus sylvestris; apples; business enterprises; carbon dioxide; color; controlled atmosphere storage; economic analysis; economic impact; fruit quality; growers; harvest date; income; models; orchards; oxygen; planting; profits and margins; storage temperature
- ... Firm flesh browning of ‘Empire’ apple (Malus sylvestris (L.) Mill var. domestica Borkh.) fruit is a major cause of revenue loss for growers and storage operators. In this study, the economic impact of harvest date on revenue based on percentage pack-out (fruit size/weight and red coloration) and disorder incidence has been investigated using a budgeting model. Fruit were harvested from a commercia ...