Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jia; Sui, Yuan; Wisniewski, Michael; Droby, Samir; Tian, Shiping; Norelli, John; Hershkovitz, Vera
- Postharvest biology and technology 2012 v.65 pp. 61
- phenylalanine ammonia-lyase, etc ; Monilinia fructicola; adenosine triphosphate; antifungal properties; beta-glucanase; cell membranes; chitinase; defense mechanisms; disease resistance; enzyme activity; fruit quality; gene expression; germ tube; hot water treatment; membrane potential; mitochondria; peaches; postharvest diseases; reactive oxygen species; spore germination; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Heat treatment (wet and dry) of fruit has been demonstrated as an effective approach for managing postharvest decay. Both direct antimicrobial effects on pathogen propagules as well as induction of host defense mechanisms have been suggested to play a role in the observed reduction of decay. In the present study, the effect of heat treatment (HT, hot water treatment at 40°C for 5 and 10min) on Mon ...
- Jin, Peng; Zheng, Yonghua; Tang, Shuangshuang; Rui, Huaijin; Wang, Chien Y.
- Postharvest biology and technology 2009 v.52 no.1 pp. 24
- phenylalanine ammonia-lyase, etc ; peaches; chilling injury; heat treatment; methyl jasmonate; chemical treatment; fruit quality; texture; firmness; juiciness; soluble solids; titratable acidity; ascorbic acid; phenolic compounds; fruit composition; storage time; shelf life; superoxide dismutase; catechol oxidase; peroxidase; pectinesterase; polygalacturonase; enzyme activity; postharvest physiology; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Peaches (Prunus persica Batsch cv Baifeng) were harvested at the firm-mature stage and treated with various combinations of methyl jasmonate (MJ) and hot air (HA). Severity of internal browning and flesh mealiness, firmness, extractable juice, total soluble solids (TSS), total acid, vitamin C and total phenolic contents were measured after 3 and 5 weeks of storage at 0°C plus 3d at 20°C for shelf- ...