Jump to Main Content
- Sarica, M.; Ocak, N.; Turhan, S.; Kop, C.; Yamak, U.S.
- Poultry science 2011 v.90 no.6 pp. 1313-1323
- animal housing, etc ; breast meat; breast muscle; color; crossing; females; genotype; hybrids; lipids; males; meat quality; pH; protein content; proteins; proximate composition; thighs; turkeys; water holding capacity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... To evaluate color [lightness (L*), redness (a*), and yellowness (b*)], water-holding capacity (WHC), and pH values, and for proximate analysis of breast and thigh meats from slow-growing (Bronze; B), fast-growing (Hybrid; H), and medium-growing (crosses; H x B) turkey genotypes raised with or without outdoor access, 36 turkeys (2 females and 2 males from each replicate) per housing system or 12, 1 ...
- Miles, D.M.; Rowe, D.E.; Cathcart, T.C.
- Poultry science 2011 v.90 no.7 pp. 1397
- animal housing, etc ; water content; broiler chickens; poultry manure; ammonia; volatilization; temperature; gas production (biological); gas emissions; air quality; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... With global food demand expected to increase by 100% in the next 50 yr, urgency to combine comprehensive strategies for sustainable, efficacious, and environmentally sensible agronomic practices has never been greater. One effort for US meat bird management is to reduce NH₃ volatilization from litter to create a better growing environment for the birds, improve production efficiency, retain N in l ...