Jump to Main Content
- Webster, A.B.
- Poultry science 2007 v.86 no.6 pp. 1253-1259
- animal housing, etc ; animal well-being; guidelines; ethics; animal health; agricultural law; animal care; domestic animals; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Two notions broadly accepted in developed western societies have made animal care guidelines inevitable. These are that domestic animals are sentient and that humans are responsible to ensure the proper care of domestic animals. Despite these common views, people have differing moral understandings of the human-animal relationship, and there are sharp divisions over how these views should be appli ...
- Deep, A.; Schwean-Lardner, K.; Crowe, T.G.; Fancher, B.I.; Classen, H.L.
- Poultry science 2010 v.89 no.11 pp. 2326-2333
- animal housing, etc ; broiler chickens; poultry production; barns; lighting; light intensity; chicks; carcass yield; animal well-being; risk assessment; adverse effects; morphogenesis; eyes; lesions (animal); feet; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Manipulation of light intensity is an important management tool affecting broiler production and well being. Despite considerable research on light intensity, there is still a debate on the optimum level to be used for intensively housed broilers. Two trials were conducted with the objective of investigating the effect of light intensity, within the practical levels at confinement barns (1, 10, 20 ...