Jump to Main Content
- Miles, D.M.; Rowe, D.E.; Cathcart, T.C.
- Poultry science 2011 v.90 no.7 pp. 1397
- animal housing, etc ; water content; broiler chickens; poultry manure; ammonia; volatilization; temperature; gas production (biological); gas emissions; air quality; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... With global food demand expected to increase by 100% in the next 50 yr, urgency to combine comprehensive strategies for sustainable, efficacious, and environmentally sensible agronomic practices has never been greater. One effort for US meat bird management is to reduce NH₃ volatilization from litter to create a better growing environment for the birds, improve production efficiency, retain N in l ...
- Cheng, H.W.; Singleton, P.; Muir, W.M.
- Poultry science 2003 v.82 no.2 pp. 192
- animal housing, etc ; laying hens; animal stress; hypothalamic regulation; sympathetic nervous system; hormonal regulation; hormone secretion; dopamine; corticosterone; group housing; cages; body weight; adrenal glands; weight; genotype-environment interaction; social behavior; temperament; animal genetics; animal physiology; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Genetic selection for high or low group productivity and survivability (HGPS, LGPS) has created two phenotypically distinct chicken lines. Each line has unique characteristics in behavioral and physiological adaptability to multiple-bird cage system. The present study was designed to examine whether these differences reflect genetic variation in the control of plasma dopamine (DA) concentrations a ...