Jump to Main Content
- Giancola, Giorgiana; Lehman, Richard L.; Idol, James D.
- Powder technology 2012 v.218 pp. 18-22
- temperature; mixing; thermoplastics; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; extrusion; melting; powders
- ... Powder polymer processing was used to prepare immiscible PMMA/HDPE blends from micrometer sized polymer spheres that were physically mixed prior to compression molding to a fused blended film. This two-stage mixing approach, initially as dry powders and subsequently during compression molding, seeks to minimize the time/temperature/shear to which delicate thermoplastic polymers would otherwise be ...
- Hojamberdiev, Mirabbos; Zhu, Gangqiang; Sujaridworakun, Pornapa; Jinawath, Supatra; Liu, Peng; Zhou, Jian-Ping
- Powder technology 2012 v.218 pp. 140-148
- titanium; scanning electron microscopy; heat treatment; photocatalysts; X-radiation; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; absorbance; crystal structure; air; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; transmission electron microscopy; thermal degradation; powders; irradiation; calorimetry; titanium dioxide; temperature; ethanol; X-ray diffraction; nitrogen; absorption; wavelengths; methyl orange; fluorine
- ... We report on the synthesis of N–F-codoped TiO₂ powders with a homogenous anatase structure via a thermal decomposition of the ammonium oxofluorotitanate ((NH₄)₀.₃TiO₁.₁F₂.₁, NH₄TiOF₃ and (NH₄)₂TiOF₄) precursors at 550°C for 1h in air. The ammonium oxofluorotitanate precursors were synthesized by a wet chemical method in the mixture of deionized water and absolute ethanol using titanium tetrachlori ...