Jump to Main Content
- Ducrotoy, Marie J.; Muñoz, Pilar M.; Conde-Álvarez, Raquel; Blasco, José M.; Moriyón, Ignacio
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.151 pp. 57-72
- vaccination, etc ; Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; antibodies; brucellosis; cattle; delayed hypersensitivity; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic techniques; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; goats; haptens; immunoglobulins; lipopolysaccharides; monitoring; public health; sheep; systematic review; zoonoses; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Brucellosis is a worldwide extended zoonosis with a heavy economic and public health impact. Cattle, sheep and goats are infected by smooth Brucella abortus and Brucella melitensis, and represent a common source of the human disease. Brucellosis diagnosis in these animals is largely based on detection of a specific immunoresponse. We review here the immunological tests used for the diagnosis of ca ...
- Hanon, Jean-Baptiste; De Baere, Miet; de la Ferté, Camille; Roelandt, Sophie; Guillot, Gilles; Van der Stede, Yves; Cay, Brigitte
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.160 pp. 136-144
- vaccination, etc ; adults; antibodies; blood serum; bovine viral diarrhea; cattle; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic specificity; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epidemiological studies; equations; farms; herd size; milk; models; monitoring; neutralization tests; seroprevalence; Belgium; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In a cross-sectional field study involving 51 cattle herds in Belgium, 3159 serum samples and 557 individual milk samples were collected and tested by four different commercial antibody (Ab) ELISAs on serum and two Ab ELISAs on milk. A virus neutralization test (VNT) was performed on serum samples with discording ELISA results and on all samples from non-vaccinating herds. An epidemiological surve ...