Jump to Main Content
- Ducrotoy, Marie J.; Muñoz, Pilar M.; Conde-Álvarez, Raquel; Blasco, José M.; Moriyón, Ignacio
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.151 pp. 57-72
- vaccination, etc ; Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; antibodies; brucellosis; cattle; delayed hypersensitivity; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic techniques; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; goats; haptens; immunoglobulins; lipopolysaccharides; monitoring; public health; sheep; systematic review; zoonoses; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Brucellosis is a worldwide extended zoonosis with a heavy economic and public health impact. Cattle, sheep and goats are infected by smooth Brucella abortus and Brucella melitensis, and represent a common source of the human disease. Brucellosis diagnosis in these animals is largely based on detection of a specific immunoresponse. We review here the immunological tests used for the diagnosis of ca ...
- Roy, Álvaro; Infantes-Lorenzo, José Antonio; Blázquez, Juan Carlos; Venteo, Ángel; Mayoral, Francisco José; Domínguez, Mercedes; Moreno, Inmaculada; Romero, Beatriz; de Juan, Lucía; Grau, Anna; Domínguez, Lucas; Bezos, Javier
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.156 pp. 68-75
- vaccination, etc ; antibodies; cost effectiveness; diagnostic techniques; goats; herds; immunologic techniques; interferon-gamma; paratuberculosis; tuberculin; tuberculosis; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Vaccination against paratuberculosis (PTB) in goats is a cost-effective control strategy, and is also effective as regards preventing the onset of clinical cases. However, it causes interference in the diagnostic tests used in the control of tuberculosis (TB). A group of 99 goats from a herd with no history of TB or PTB infection was vaccinated against PTB at seven months of age. They then underwe ...