Jump to Main Content
- Ducrotoy, Marie J.; Muñoz, Pilar M.; Conde-Álvarez, Raquel; Blasco, José M.; Moriyón, Ignacio
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.151 pp. 57-72
- vaccination, etc ; Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; antibodies; brucellosis; cattle; delayed hypersensitivity; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic techniques; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; goats; haptens; immunoglobulins; lipopolysaccharides; monitoring; public health; sheep; systematic review; zoonoses; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Brucellosis is a worldwide extended zoonosis with a heavy economic and public health impact. Cattle, sheep and goats are infected by smooth Brucella abortus and Brucella melitensis, and represent a common source of the human disease. Brucellosis diagnosis in these animals is largely based on detection of a specific immunoresponse. We review here the immunological tests used for the diagnosis of ca ...
- Yahiaoui, Fatima; Kardjadj, Moustafa; Laidoudi, Younes; Medkour, Hacène; Ben-Mahdi, Meriem Hind
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.158 pp. 65-70
- vaccination, etc ; adjuvants; antibodies; dogs; education; epidemiology; humans; immune response; inactivated vaccines; live vaccines; monitoring; national surveys; protocols; rabies; vaccine development; zoonoses; Algeria; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Rabies is a neglected zoonotic disease. Several animal species can transmit rabies, but domestic dogs are the main reservoir implicated in rabies transmission to human and other susceptible animals. There is a scarcity of data regarding canine rabies in Algeria. Hence, this report is the first study that attempts to understand the epidemiology of dog rabies through a retrospective national study o ...