Jump to Main Content
- Han, Jun-Hee; Holter, Joanne; Moffat, John; Weston, Jenny F.; Heuer, Cord; Gates, M. Carolyn
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.161 pp. 75-82
- farm management; farms, etc ; cows; heifers; seroprevalence; blood sampling; antibodies; production technology; data collection; disease control programs; bovine viral diarrhea; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; viruses; dairy farming; bulls; herds; models; risk factors; control methods; cross-sectional studies; farmers; regression analysis; disease transmission; beef; Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1; New Zealand; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Understanding risk factors for bovine viral diarrhoea (BVD) transmission is important for planning national disease control programmes. However, traditional statistical approaches may miss important features of BVD epidemiology due to the highly correlated nature of many farm-level risk factors. In this cross-sectional study, we used data collected from 304 cattle herds in New Zealand during 2015/ ...
- Sibhat, Berhanu; Ayelet, Gelagay; Skjerve, Eystein; Gebremedhin, Endrias Z.; Asmare, Kassahun
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2018 v.150 pp. 126-132
- farm records; small farms, etc ; odds ratio; dairy cattle; milk; cows; endometritis; seroprevalence; fetal death; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; infectious bovine rhinotracheitis; bulls; herds; models; risk factors; extraembryonic membranes; calves; cross-sectional studies; Bovine alphaherpesvirus 1; questionnaires; breeding; regression analysis; confidence interval; sheds; retained placenta; conception; Ethiopia; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1) causes infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR), and infectious pustular vulvovaginitis (IPV) in cows and infectious pustular balanopostitis (IPB) in bulls worldwide. Infection of seronegative cattle with BHV-1 leads to abortion, retention of fetal membranes, increased service per conception, metritis and oophoritis. As part of an ongoing study on infectious causes of r ...