Jump to Main Content
- Kasab-Bachi, H.; Arruda, A.G.; Roberts, T.E.; Wilson, J.B.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2017 v.146 pp. 130-135
- farms, etc ; Nematoda; average daily gain; birds; data collection; databases; equations; feed conversion; flocks; gizzard; intestines; models; monitoring; mortality; mucus; necropsy; necrotic enteritis; poultry; poultry industry; poultry production; quantitative analysis; regression analysis; sustainable development; United Kingdom; United States; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... There is increasing interest among the poultry industry to develop a comprehensive index that can be used to evaluate overall intestinal health and impact on production performance. The Intestinal Integrity (I2) index is a quantitative measurement tool used to assess the intestinal health of flocks that use the Health Tracking System (HTSi), a global surveillance system developed by Elanco Animal ...
- Mõtus, Kerli; Reimus, Kaari; Orro, Toomas; Viltrop, Arvo; Emanuelson, Ulf
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2017 v.139 pp. 10-19
- farms, etc ; Hereford; accidents; animal age; animal health; animal performance; beef; beef cows; bulls; calves; calving; cohort studies; cow-calf operations; dairy breeds; data collection; death; digestive system diseases; euthanasia; farmers; heifers; herd size; models; mortality; risk factors; Estonia; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... High on-farm mortality is associated with lower financial return of production and poor animal health and welfare. Understanding the reasons for on-farm mortality and related risk factors allows focus on specific prevention measures. This retrospective cohort study used cattle registry data from the years 2013 and 2014, collected from cattle from all Estonian cow-calf beef herds. The dataset conta ...