Jump to Main Content
- Hautekiet, Veerle; Geert, Verbeke; Marc, Vandebroeck; Rony, Geers
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 75-92
- sanitary and phytosanitary regulations; sanitation; Salmonella; seroprevalence; swine; salmonellosis; swine diseases; herds; herd health; risk factors; epidemiological studies; cross-sectional studies; farmers' attitudes; questionnaires; disease prevalence; Belgium
- ... The aim of this study was to develop a scientifically based Sanitary Risk Index (SRI), defined as an objective measure of the Salmonella seroprevalence in a pig herd based on the risk factors being present on the farm. Therefore, an observational epidemiological study was adopted to infer risk factors for the Salmonella seroprevalence of market pigs. A total of 204 Belgian farrow-to-finish pig her ...
- Haghkhah, Masoud; Ansari-Lari, Maryam; Novin-Baheran, Amir Mansour; Bahramy, Ayatollah
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 8-13
- herd health; dairy cows; disease prevalence; Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; bulk milk; paratuberculosis; polymerase chain reaction; dairy herds; cross-sectional studies; epidemiological studies; Iran
- ... A cross-sectional study was conducted from March to August 2006 in dairy herds in Fars province, southern Iran to determine the herd-level prevalence of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) infection. Bulk-tank milk samples were collected from 110 dairy herds in the 3 districts (Shiraz, Marvdasht and Sepidan) of the province. Among study populations, 12 herds (11%, 95%CI: 5-17%) w ...