Jump to Main Content
- Petersson, K.-J.; Strandberg, E.; Gustafsson, H.; Royal, M.D.; Berglund, B.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 153-163
- estrus detection; estrous cycle; dairy cows; progesterone; milk analysis; milk composition; sampling; hormone secretion
- ... We examined whether infrequent milk sampling for progesterone analysis could be used as a management or diagnostic tool by the dairy farmer to predict delayed ovarian cyclicity in dairy cows. The data included 1040 lactations from 324 Swedish Red cows and 183 Swedish Holstein cows and were randomly divided into two datasets. A logistic regression model was fit to the first dataset and the model wa ...
- Haghkhah, Masoud; Ansari-Lari, Maryam; Novin-Baheran, Amir Mansour; Bahramy, Ayatollah
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 8-13
- herd health; dairy cows; disease prevalence; Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; bulk milk; paratuberculosis; polymerase chain reaction; dairy herds; cross-sectional studies; epidemiological studies; Iran
- ... A cross-sectional study was conducted from March to August 2006 in dairy herds in Fars province, southern Iran to determine the herd-level prevalence of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) infection. Bulk-tank milk samples were collected from 110 dairy herds in the 3 districts (Shiraz, Marvdasht and Sepidan) of the province. Among study populations, 12 herds (11%, 95%CI: 5-17%) w ...