Jump to Main Content
- Yamamoto, Takehisa; Tsutsui, Toshiyuki; Nishiguchi, Akiko; Kobayashi, Sota
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 57-74
- disease surveillance; risk assessment; bovine brucellosis; simulation models; Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; abortion (animals); disease detection; serodiagnosis; cattle; disease transmission; Japan
- ... Bovine brucellosis is caused by Brucella abortus and induces abortions in female cattle, with other cattle at risk of infection from the aborted fetus or contaminated placenta. In Japan, the number of cases has dramatically reduced due to national surveillance and eradication strategies. Bovine brucellosis is now believed to be eradicated in Japan. Here, we examine the surveillance strategies curr ...
- Porphyre, Thibaud; Stevenson, Mark A.; McKenzie, Joanna
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2008 v.86 no.1-2 pp. 93-106
- risk factors; bovine tuberculosis; cattle; farms; opossums; wildlife-livestock relations; wildlife damage management; disease surveillance; Trichosurus vulpecula; disease reservoirs; disease transmission; New Zealand
- ... This paper reports the investigation of farm-level risk factors for confirmed bovine tuberculosis (TB), based on a retrospective cohort study of a population of cattle in the lower North Island of New Zealand. Data were obtained from the TB testing surveillance programme operational in this area since the mid-1970s and comprised 190,665 cattle-years at risk from July 1980 to June 2004 (inclusive). ...