Jump to Main Content
- Rose, N.; Mariani, J.P.; Drouin, P.; Toux, J.Y.; Rose, V.; Colin, P.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2003 v.59 no.1-2 pp. 27-42
- decontamination; rearing; Salmonella; business enterprises; barns; flocks; models; risk factors; surveys; disinfection; chicks; France
- ... We built a decision-support system to assess the risk of contamination of chicken-broiler flocks by Salmonella at the end of the rearing period. This system was developed from the survey data from 85 chicken-broiler flocks located in western France. First, we estimated the probability of contamination of the house by Salmonella before placement of day-old chicks via a cleansing inspection using a ...
- Ward, Michael P.; Farrell, Rebecca
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2003 v.59 no.1-2 pp. 21-26
- Calliphoridae; field experimentation; flocks; flystrike; pastures; pesticides; sheep; traps; wool; wool industry; Queensland
- ... The effectiveness of a synthetic lure system to reduce the incidence of blowfly strike in sheep flocks was assessed, using randomised field trials. Four field trials used eight total groups of sheep randomised to treatment (flytrap) or control on two properties in southern Queensland between 1999 and 2001. Treatment consisted of the operation of flytraps in paddocks as per manufacturer’s recommend ...