Jump to Main Content
- Down, P.M.; Bradley, A.J.; Breen, J.E.; Browne, W.J.; Kypraios, T.; Green, M.J.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2016 v.133 pp. 64-72
- decision making, etc ; Bayesian theory; Markov chain; calving; cost effectiveness; dairy cows; dairy farming; dairy herds; decision support systems; farmers; mastitis; models; prediction; risk reduction; somatic cell count; therapeutics; uncertainty; United Kingdom; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Importance of the dry period with respect to mastitis control is now well established although the precise interventions that reduce the risk of acquiring intramammary infections during this time are not clearly understood. There are very few intervention studies that have measured the clinical efficacy of specific mastitis interventions within a cost-effectiveness framework so there remains a lar ...
- PubMed Central:
- Saito, Emi K.; Shea, Supie; Jones, Annette; Ramos, Gregory; Pitesky, Maurice
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2015 v.121 no.1-2 pp. 123
- multi-criteria decision making, etc ; Coleoptera; Infectious bursal disease virus; animal health; disease reservoirs; federal government; genome; models; monitoring; poultry; poultry industry; prioritization; risk factors; rodents; stakeholders; state government; virulence; California; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Very virulent infectious bursal disease virus (vvIBDv) was first detected in the United States at the end of 2008. Since its detection, Federal and State animal health officials, the poultry industry and the research/academic community have led response activities through a collaborative effort. By June 2011, much still remained unknown regarding the basic epidemiology and ecology of vvIBD in Cali ...