Jump to Main Content
- Denwood, Matthew, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2017 v.137 pp. 69-76
- Brachyspira pilosicoli; Escherichia coli; Lawsonia intracellularis; diarrhea; doxycycline; drug therapy; enteropathogens; excretion; herds; microbial load; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; randomized clinical trials; research projects; swine; weaning; weight gain
- ... Previous research projects have demonstrated the need for better diagnostic tools to support decisions on medication strategies for infections caused by Escherichia coli F4 (F4) and F18 (F18), Lawsonia intracellularis (LI) and Brachyspira pilosicoli (PILO). This study was carried out as a randomised clinical trial in three Danish pig herds and included 1047 nursery pigs, distributed over 10 batche ...
- Denwood, Matthew J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2017 v.141 pp. 14-21
- Porcine circovirus-2; blood serum; feed conversion; field experimentation; finishing; herds; mixed infection; mortality; pathogens; postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome; swine; vaccination; viral load
- ... During the last decade, the clinical manifestation of Porcine Circovirus type 2 (PCV2) infections has mostly changed from postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome and high mortality to sub-clinical infections manifested only through impaired production parameters. However, co-infection with other respiratory pathogens often results in a larger effect on production, sometimes with clinical signs. ...