Jump to Main Content
- Whisler, F.D.
- Proceedings - Soil Science Society of America 1969 v.33 no.1 pp. 19-25
- electrical resistance; models; rain; saturated conditions; slabs; soil; steady flow; topographic slope; unsaturated conditions; unsaturated flow
- ... An electrical resistance network analog was used to analyze the steady-state flow in sloping land modeled as an inclined soil slab for both saturated and unsaturated conditions. At saturation the equipotentials and surface fluxes are symmetrical about the vertical midplane of the slab and agree with an analytic solution. For “rainfall” rates lower than that necessary to saturate the slab, this sym ...
- Lagerwerff, J.V.; Nakayama, F.S.; Frere, M.H.
- Proceedings - Soil Science Society of America 1969 v.33 no.1 pp. 3-11
- electrical properties; equations; hydraulic conductivity; porosity; soil pore system; viscosity
- ... The hydraulic conductivity factor in Darcy's equation for viscous flow is analyzed in terms of a modified Kozeny equation. The modifications include a correction for swelling, and the replacement of the cubic exponent of the porosity term by an exponent varying between 0 and 3. The choice depends on the interplay between surface and volume of soil pores, as determined by flocculation-dispersion co ...