Jump to Main Content
- Pérez, Mark H. Sabaj; Mariangeles Arce, H.; Sousa, Leandro M.; Birindelli, José L. O.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 2014 v.163 pp. 133-178
- Doradidae; Leptoceridae; adults; basins; catfish; females; fimbriae; jaws; juveniles; larvae; males; monophyly; new species; redescriptions; sexual dimorphism; taxonomic keys; teeth; Brazil; Colombia; Peru
- ... Nemadoras cristinae is described from the upper Amazonas/Solimões and Madeira basins in Brazil, Colombia and Peru, with additional specimens from the upper Meta (Orinoco basin), Colombia, tentatively treated as conspecific. Nemadoras cristinae is distinguished from congeners by having 3–9 premaxillary teeth in approximately two rows in juveniles and adults, outermost teeth weakly spatulate and inn ...
- Fernandes, Cristina Cox; Nogueira, Adília; Alves-Gomes, José Antônio
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 2014 v.163 pp. 95-118
- Hypopomidae; morphometry; new genus; phylogeny; Brazil
- ... Procerusternarchus pixuna, a new genus and species of hypopomid gymnotiform, is described from several tributaries of Negro River, Amazonas State, Brazil. The new genus is included in the tribe Microsternarchini with the genera Microsternarchus and Racenisia based on a phylogenetic analysis of 41 anatomical, morphometric, meristic, and electric organ discharge variable characters. The new taxon is ...