Jump to Main Content
- Pérez, Mark H. Sabaj
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 2014 v.163 pp. 119-132
- Platydoras; Silurus; catfish; islands; lectotypes; natural history; scientific illustration; taxon descriptions; Florida
- ... In the Appendix to his classic two-volume work, “The Natural History of Carolina, Florida and the Bahama Islands…”, Mark Catesby (1747:19, Pl. 19) described and illustrated the doradid catfish “Cataphractus Americanus”. The names “Cataphractus” and “Cataphractus Americanus” are not available from pre- and post-Linnaean editions of Catesby's work (i.e., Catesby, 1747; 1754; 1771) including Edwards' ...
- Rosenberg, Gary; Salisbury, Richard
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 2014 v.163 pp. 179-223
- Gastropoda; animals; lectotypes; new species; scanning electron microscopy; Guam; Hawaii; India; Mozambique; Philippines; Tanzania
- ... Seven new species of Thala are described: T. abelai and T. merrilli (type locality Guam, Mariana Islands), T. evelynae and T. suduirauti (Philippines), T. kilburni and T. pallida (Bassas da India Reef, Mozambique Channel) and T. ruggeriae (Tanzania) and their geographic ranges established. Lectotypes are selected for T. exilis (Reeve, 1845), T. roseata (A. Adams, 1855), T. fusus (Souverbie, 1876), ...