Jump to Main Content
- McEwen, Crystal; Digweed, Scott; Nicholls, James A.; Cranshaw, Whitney
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington 2014 v.116 no.3 pp. 294-310
- Cynipidae; Eurytomidae; Mesopolobus; Pteromalus; Torymus; adults; insects; life history; parasitoids; rearing; sex determination; taxonomy; Colorado
- ... The adults and gall of the sexual generation of the oak gall wasp Disholcaspis quercusmamma (Walsh and Riley) (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae) are described and matched with the alternate asexual generation for the first time. We also provide notes on the taxonomy, life history, and mode of sex determination of these insects. Chalcidoid parasitoids reared from the sexual generation were Sycophila dubia (W ...
- Jong, Grant D. De
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington 2014 v.116 no.3 pp. 255-272
- Machilidae; Meinertellidae; jumping; new species; Arctic region; Arizona; British Columbia; California; Colorado; Idaho; Montana; Nevada; New Mexico; Rocky Mountain region; Utah
- ... The Microcoryphia are extensively distributed in the Nearctic Region, with over 30 species in 12 genera in two families. The genus Machilinus Silvestri 1904 has previously been reported from Arizona, British Columbia, California, Nevada, Utah, and possibly Colorado. I report and describe three new species of Machilinus based on specimens from Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, and Neva ...