Jump to Main Content
- Rozentals, Rafails; Jušinskis, Jānis; Amerika, Diana
- Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences 2013 v.66 no.6 pp. 219-268
- biomarkers; genomics; medicine; organ transplantation; prospective studies
- ... The article presents an overview of literature related to two topical issues in modern medicine: transplantation and biomarkers. There have been advances made in the use of immunoenzymometric and immunoadsorption assays in organ transplantation clinics for evaluating different situations. However, these methods fail to solve more complex and ambiguous transplantation problems: tolerance, personifi ...
- Berzina, Nadežda; Markovs, Jurijs; Apsīte, Mirdza; Vasiļjeva, Svetlana; Smirnova, Galina; Basova, Nataļja
- Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences 2013 v.66 no.6 pp. 256-260
- antigen-antibody complex; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; biomarkers; blood serum; cadmium; chickens; creatinine; dehydroascorbic acid; dose response; enzyme activity; feed supplements; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; immune system; innate immunity; kidneys; liver; lysozyme; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; renal function; uric acid; vitamin supplements
- ... The effects of ascorbic acid supplementation on biomarkers of oxidative stress, cadmium accumulation in organs, immune system activity and kidney function in chickens were investigated. The treatment groups of chickens were fed either plain diet or diet supplemented with ascorbic acid at 100, 500, 1000 and 2000 mg/kg for four weeks. Liver and kidney tissues were assayed for cadmium concentration, ...