Jump to Main Content
- Vi, Son Lang; Trost, Gerda; Lange, Peggy; Czesnick, Hjördis; Rao, Nishta; Lieber, Diana; Laux, Thomas; Gray, William M.; Manley, James L.; Groth, Detlef; Kappel, Christian; Lenhard, Michael
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.34 pp. 13994-13999
- messenger RNA, etc ; Arabidopsis; alleles; auxins; gametophytes; gene expression; leaves; males; mutants; mutation; pathogens; physiological transport; plant growth; tissues; translation (genetics); vertebrates; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Polyadenylation of pre-mRNAs is critical for efficient nuclear export, stability, and translation of the mature mRNAs, and thus for gene expression. The bulk of pre-mRNAs are processed by canonical nuclear poly(A) polymerase (PAPS). Both vertebrate and higher-plant genomes encode more than one isoform of this enzyme, and these are coexpressed in different tissues. However, in neither case is it kn ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lu, Yinghong; Rijzaani, Habib; Karcher, Daniel; Ruf, Stephanie; Bock, Ralph
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.8 pp. E623
- messenger RNA, etc ; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; cells; chloroplast genome; chloroplasts; epigenetics; fruits; gamma-tocopherol; gene expression; leaves; methyltransferases; operon; synthetic biology; tobacco; tocotrienols; tomatoes; transgenic plants; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The engineering of complex metabolic pathways requires the concerted expression of multiple genes. In plastids (chloroplasts) of plant cells, genes are organized in operons that are coexpressed as polycistronic transcripts and then often are processed further into monocistronic mRNAs. Here we have used the tocochromanol pathway (providing tocopherols and tocotrienols, collectively also referred to ...
- PubMed Central: