Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Chin-Lee; Schroeder, Brock E.; Ma, Xiao-Jun; Cutie, Christopher J.; Wu, Shulin; Salunga, Ranelle; Zhang, Yi; Kattan, Michael W.; Schnabel, Catherine A.; Erlander, Mark G.; McDougal, W. Scott
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.15 pp. 6121-6126
- biopsy, etc ; bioinformatics; confidence interval; decision making; gene expression; genes; metastasis; models; morbidity; multivariate analysis; patients; physicians; prostate-specific antigen; prostatic neoplasms; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; relapse; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk; value added; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The accurate determination of the risk of cancer recurrence is an important unmet need in the management of prostate cancer. Patients and physicians must weigh the benefits of currently available therapies against the potential morbidity of these treatments. Herein we describe the development of a gene expression-based continuous risk index and a validation of this test in an independent, blinded ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kudo, Makoto; Khalifeh Soltani, S. M. Amin; Sakuma, Stephen A.; McKleroy, William; Lee, Ting-Hein; Woodruff, Prescott G.; Lee, Jae Woo; Huang, Katherine; Chen, Chun; Arjomandi, Mehrdad; Huang, Xiaozhu; Atabai, Kamran
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.2 pp. 660-665
- biopsy, etc ; asthma; genes; humans; inflammation; integrins; interleukin-13; interleukin-17; mice; milk fat; models; muscle contraction; point mutation; receptors; smooth muscle; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Airway obstruction is a hallmark of allergic asthma and is caused primarily by airway smooth muscle (ASM) hypercontractility. Airway inflammation leads to the release of cytokines that enhance ASM contraction by increasing ras homolog gene family, member A (RhoA) activity. The protective mechanisms that prevent or attenuate the increase in RhoA activity have not been well studied. Here, we report ...
- PubMed Central: