Jump to Main Content
- Durrett, Timothy P.; McClosky, Daniel D.; Tumaney, Ajay W.; Elzinga, Dezi A.; Ohlrogge, John; Pollard, Mike
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.20 pp. 9464-9469
- recombinant DNA, etc ; diacylglycerol acyltransferase; transgenic plants; diacylglycerols; seed oils; triacylglycerols; gene expression; lipogenesis; endosperm; Euonymus alatus; enzyme activity; promoter regions; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Endosperm and embryo tissues from the seeds of Euonymus alatus (Burning Bush) accumulate high levels of 3-acetyl-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerols (acTAGs) as their major storage lipids. In contrast, the aril tissue surrounding the seed produces long-chain triacylglycerols (lcTAGs) typical of most other organisms. The presence of the sn-3 acetyl group imparts acTAGs with different physical and chemical prop ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kokoza, Vladimir; Ahmed, Abdouelaziz; Woon Shin, Sang; Okafor, Nwando; Zou, Zhen; Raikhel, Alexander S.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.18 pp. 8111-8116
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Aedes aegypti; transgenic insects; insect vectors; antimicrobial peptides; gene overexpression; promoter regions; vitellogenin; disease resistance; bacterial infections; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Plasmodium gallinaceum; midgut; salivary glands; disease transmission; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... To overcome burden of mosquito-borne diseases, multiple control strategies are needed. Population replacement with genetically modified mosquitoes carrying antipathogen effector genes is one of the possible approaches for controlling disease transmission. However, transgenic mosquitoes with antipathogen phenotypes based on overexpression of a single type effector molecule are not efficient in inte ...
- PubMed Central: