Jump to Main Content
- Fu, C.; Javedan, S.; Moshiri, F.; Maier, R.J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.11 pp. 5099-5103
- Bradyrhizobium japonicum; structural genes; binding proteins; nickel; metabolism; nucleotide sequences; ferredoxin hydrogenase; amino acid sequences; promoter regions; apoproteins
- ... Nickel is an essential component of all H2-uptake hydrogenases. A fragment of DNA that complements a H2-uptake-deficient but nickel-cured mutant strain (JHK7) of Bradyrhizobium japonicum was isolated and sequenced. This 4.5-kb DNA fragment contains four open reading frames designated as ORF1, hupN, hupO, and hupP, which encode polypeptides with predicted masses of 17, 40, 19, and 63.5 kDa, respect ...
- Pares, S.; Cohen-Addad, C.; Sieker, L.; Neuberger, M.; Douce, R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.11 pp. 4850-4853
- X-ray diffraction; Pisum sativum; oxidoreductases; plant proteins; molecular conformation; leaves; lipoic acid
- ... H-protein, a lipoic acid-containing protein of the glycine decarboxylase (EC 18.104.22.168) complex from pea (Pisum sativum) was crystallized from ammonium sulfate solution at pH 5.2 in space group P3(1)21. The x-ray crystal structure was determined to 2.6 Angstroms resolution by multiple isomorphous replacement techniques. The structure was refined an R value of 23% for reflections between 15 and 2.6 A ...