Jump to Main Content
- Hotamisligil, G.S.; Murray, D.L.; Choy, L.N.; Spiegelman, B.M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.11 pp. 4854-4858
- mice; tumor necrosis factors; insulin; hormone receptors; phosphorylation; hormonal regulation; adipocytes; glucose; active transport; diabetes mellitus; insulin resistance
- ... Insulin resistance is a common problem associated with infections and cancer and, most importantly, is the central component of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. We have recently shown that tumor necrosis factor (TNF) alpha is a key mediator of insulin resistance in animal models of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Here, we investigate how TNF-alpha interferes with insulin action. C ...
- PubMed Central:
- Pares, S.; Cohen-Addad, C.; Sieker, L.; Neuberger, M.; Douce, R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.11 pp. 4850-4853
- X-ray diffraction; Pisum sativum; oxidoreductases; plant proteins; molecular conformation; leaves; lipoic acid
- ... H-protein, a lipoic acid-containing protein of the glycine decarboxylase (EC 220.127.116.11) complex from pea (Pisum sativum) was crystallized from ammonium sulfate solution at pH 5.2 in space group P3(1)21. The x-ray crystal structure was determined to 2.6 Angstroms resolution by multiple isomorphous replacement techniques. The structure was refined an R value of 23% for reflections between 15 and 2.6 A ...