Jump to Main Content
- Pilla, Danielle M.; Hagar, Jon A.; Haldar, Arun K.; Mason, Ashley K.; Degrandi, Daniel; Pfeffer, Klaus; Ernst, Robert K.; Yamamoto, Masahiro; Miao, Edward A.; Coers, Jörn
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.16 pp. 6046-6051
- immune response, etc ; Escherichia coli; Legionella pneumophila; Salmonella; binding proteins; caspase-11; chromosomes; cytosol; macrophages; mice; microbial detection; mutants; pathogens; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... IFN receptor signaling induces cell-autonomous immunity to infections with intracellular bacterial pathogens. Here, we demonstrate that IFN-inducible guanylate binding protein (Gbp) proteins stimulate caspase-11–dependent, cell-autonomous immunity in response to cytoplasmic LPS. Caspase-11–dependent pyroptosis is triggered in IFN-activated macrophages infected with the Gram-negative bacterial path ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wei, Juncheng; Wei, Chao; Wang, Min; Qiu, Xiao; Li, Yang; Yuan, Yanzhi; Jin, Chaozhi; Leng, Ling; Wang, Jian; Yang, Xiaoming; He, Fuchu
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.24 pp. 8883-8888
- immune response, etc ; Escherichia coli; G-protein coupled receptors; GTPase-activating proteins; Toll-like receptors; adenosine diphosphate; botulinum toxin; cell movement; colitis; cytokines; dextran; guanosinetriphosphatase; inflammation; knockout mutants; macrophages; mice; mitogen-activated protein kinase; thymocytes; transcription factor NF-kappa B; ubiquitination; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... G protein-coupled receptor kinase-interactor 2 (GIT2) regulates thymocyte positive selection, neutrophil-direction sensing, and cell motility during immune responses by regulating the activity of the small GTPases ADP ribosylation factors (Arfs) and Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 (Rac1). Here, we show that Git2 -deficient mice were more susceptible to dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induc ...
- PubMed Central: