Jump to Main Content
- Park, Guen Tae; Frost, Jennifer M.; Park, Jin-Sup; Kim, Tae Ho; Lee, Jong Seob; Oh, Sung Aeong; Twell, David; Brooks, Janie Sue; Fischer, Robert L.; Choi, Yeonhee
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.51 pp. 18393-18398
- gametogenesis, etc ; Arabidopsis; eggs; females; flowers; gametophytes; genes; haploidy; males; meiosis; microtubules; mitosis; ovules; plant reproduction; pollen; seed abortion; seed development; sexual reproduction; spermatozoa; spores; vertebrates; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Angiosperm reproduction is characterized by alternate diploid sporophytic and haploid gametophytic generations. Gametogenesis shares similarities with that of animals except for the formation of the gametophyte, whereby haploid cells undergo several rounds of postmeiotic mitosis to form gametes and the accessory cells required for successful reproduction. The mechanisms regulating gametophyte deve ...
- PubMed Central:
- Conine, Colin C.; Batista, Pedro J.; Gu, Weifeng; Claycomb, Julie M.; Chaves, Daniel A.; Shirayama, Masaki; Mello, Craig C.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.8 pp. 3588-3593
- gametogenesis, etc ; Caenorhabditis elegans; RNA-binding proteins; gene expression; granules; heat tolerance; male fertility; males; messenger RNA; models; mutants; pachytene stage; spermatozoa; temperature; transgenes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Gametogenesis is a thermosensitive process in numerous metazoans, ranging from worms to man. In Caenorhabditis elegans, a variety of RNA-binding proteins that associate with germ-line nuage (P granules), including the Piwi-clade argonaute PRG-1, have been implicated in maintaining fertility at elevated temperature. Here we describe the role of two AGO-class paralogs, alg-3 (T22B3.2) and alg-4 (ZK7 ...
- PubMed Central: